Monday, November 9, 2020

Satsuma

Yesterday evening when my older children were at Youth Group, I spent some time teaching a few of my younger ones to paint. 

My friend Greg's brother had brought us a box of local Satsumas. I saw one on the table that my three-year-old had partially peeled and decided it would make a great subject for our little painting class. Since he didn't want to give his up, I took a new one and partially peeled it, then we painted.

During the Corona virus I did almost no art, with the exception of a set of pen and ink illustrations for my book Florida Survival Gardening

In retrospect, I should have posted those here. We were a little busy trying to repatriate, plus having bad internet down on the island was a reoccurring problem.

Maybe I'll still just go ahead and post some of them. 

Now we are in Alabama and life is better. I bought a new easel last night, along with some canvasses, and hope to spend some time landscape painting over the winter. 

The landscape potential here is wonderful. Lots of old barns, fields of cotton, pines and lakes. It's quite different from the West Indies but it feels like home.

Maybe I'll finally re-launch my art career. That is, if I can stop spending all my time working on my writing career. 

No comments: