Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Pen and Ink Art from Florida Survival Gardening

Yesterday I mentioned that I should have shared some of the pen and ink illustrations I drew for my book Florida Survival Gardening.

Here are a few of them, before they were completely cleaned up for printing.

Blueberry

Bidens alba, one of my favorite edible "weeds"

A banana pup growing from the remains of a planted "bull head"
A wild amaranth 

Water hyacinth

Coccinea grandis, the perennial cucumber

Longevity spinach

Canna Lily vs. Calla Lily - don't eat the latter!

In my current book project, a complete re-writing of my book Create Your Own Florida Food Forest, I have called upon a wide range of artists to contribute. The text is almost done, then it's time to nail down the rest of the illustrations. So far, it is looking amazing. 
 
Lord, give me strength to do all You have for me to do!

No comments: