Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day 29: Fail Bridge

Despite threatening skies, I packed up my French easel and started up the road to the top of the mountain with my daughter in search of a vista we could paint.

We finally came to a small bridge and decided to stop and paint, as finding a good clear view was not happening.

A few minutes after we started, the rain came in. Not hard, but just enough to ensure we were in trouble!

This is all I managed to paint:

I ended up crouching and painting with the canvas beneath the work area of my easel so I could keep going but my colors went to mud and my view was poor, so... nothing great to report here. After a while we gave up and packed away everything... and the sky cleared!

My daughter convinced me that we should hunt for artifacts in the river, so we did that for a pleasant couple of hours in two different places. Beneath the bridge above, and further down on a friend's farm. We found an abundance of pottery and porcelain shards, plus old glass. I also found a clay Amerindian artifact of unknown use. I'll take pictures at some point - I'm dying to know what it is.

Overall, a great day... for everything but painting!

No comments: