Sunday, October 23, 2016

Plein Air Painting at the Dam

It has been too long since I spent time doing any art. We moved overseas and I've been terribly busy with my garden writing, plus getting established on our tropical homestead in Central America.

About a half-mile from our house is an old dam left by the Colonists. I originally intended to paint a picture of the dam but instead ended up liking the view from on top of it, so I painted up through the bamboo and off towards the little farmhouse above.

I worked on this little painting two days in a row and filmed both. I need to speed up my work and get a more natural flow, but it's not bad considering it's been a year since my last plein air effort.



I will post a picture of the final painting soon - it's since been touched up and signed.

No comments: